Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Virtues of Ramadhaan

Go down

The Virtues of Ramadhaan Empty The Virtues of Ramadhaan

Post by RiMoLei Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 am

The Virtues of Ramadhaan

Ramadhaan is "The month of the Quran," as Allaah says (what means): "Ramadhaan is (the month) in which was sent the Quran”. [2:185]

This proclamation regarding Allaah's 'sending the Quran' bears several meanings of which we mention the following:

1. It could mean the sending down of the Quran (from the preserved tablet in the seventh heaven) to the lowest heaven as has been reported by Ibn Abbas, may Allaah, be pleased with him.

2. It could also mean that the first verse of the Quran was sent down to Muhammad, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, in the month of Ramadhaan on the night of Al-Qadr. (It is so called because of its high-ranking position and virtues with which it precedes all the other nights of the year.)

Ramadhaan is the month of patience, manifested in fasting more than any other form of worship. The fasting Muslim abstains from eating, drinking, sexual intercourse, and so on, during daytime for a whole month. It is for this reason that fasting is considered half the patience (as reported in a hadeeth) and the reward for patience is Paradise as Allaah says (what means): “Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure” [39:10]

3. In Ramadhaan the gates of Hell-fire are closed and the gates of Paradise are opened, and Satans (the evil ones) are tied down. This is reported in the hadeeth agreed upon that the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “When Ramadhaan starts, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the Satans are bound” (“Chained” in another narration); i.e. in the month of Ramadhaan they cannot have access to things and deeds they normally have access to. As a result, Satan’s whispers and deceit of people lessen in Ramadhaan more than other times. Satan is even afraid of the Athaan (the call to prayer) and Iqaama (the second call to prayer), retreating when he hears them called.

Moreover, among the phenomena witnessed just before Ramadhaan starts is the inclination of the sinful towards repentance. Many of them indeed upon reflect their intentions in preparation to repent. For example, one would acknowledge: “ I have done someone an injustice, how can I be cleared of it?”

Another would say: “ I have committed such a sin, how can I repent?” A third would yet say: “ I am neglecting such an act of obedience, how can I be consistent?” and so on. They are all keen and ready to repent, as Ramadhaan is about to start. These are indications that even Satan fears the coming of Ramadhaan. There are, however, some people whose souls are so latently evil, that while the influence of Satan diminishes in Ramadhaan, they still retain a great deal of evil in themselves. It is not surprising to notice that for many such people their iniquity, in fact, increases during Ramadhaan.

4. In Ramadhaan there is the great night: the night of Al-Qadr that is better than a thousand months, as Allaah says (what means): “The night of Al-Qadr is better than a thousand months. Therein come down the angels and the spirit by Allaah's permission, on every errand: It is peace! Until the rise of dawn”. [97: 3-5]

"The thousand months" are equivalent to more than eighty-three years. Commenting on the wisdom behind this, Imaam Maalik said in the Muwatta: “The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, has been shown peoples’ ages before him; so the average age of his Ummah was shorter than that of the preceding nations and that his Ummah will not attain the same amount of good deeds as their long-lived predecessors Allaah has granted him the Night of Al-Qadr which is better than a thousand months.” It is a great benefit indeed that one observes this night, which is the equivalent to attaining the benefit of eighty-three years or more of good deeds.

5. In Ramadhaan also Allaah answers the servant’s supplication. The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “To every Muslim is an answered supplication (du’aa) in Ramadhaan.” It has also been reported in many hadeeth that this particular supplication is made at the time the Muslim breaks his fast. The servant should then intend to implore Allaah at break fast (Iftaar) time in Ramadhaan.

source Link
RiMoLei
RiMoLei
Needs to post more
Needs to post more

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-03

http://www.pinoymuslims.com

Back to top Go down